Colloquium’s Best of 2007 It’s a New Year and Colloquium has a new look! Hopefully, 2008 will also bring many new friends –…
Thirteen Memorable (for the Parents) Visits with Santa Claus I received these in an e-mail and laughed so hard, I just had to…
A Thirteen Question History Quiz for People Over the Age of 40
This is a history exam for people who want to see how much they remember about what has gone on during their lifetime. Everyone over the age of 40 should find it pretty easy.
1. When you were growing up, where were automobile headlight dimmer switches located?
a. On the floor shift knob
b. On the floor board, to the left of the clutch
c. Next to the horn
Thirteen Observations About Life Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable…
It is going to happen. You are going to “fall off the wagon” occasionally due to special events, vacations, lack of motivation, someone or something in your life sabotaging your efforts . . . When it does happen, there are a number of things you can do to get back on track with your health and fitness program. Here are thirteen tips for us all to keep in mind:
1. Be kind to yourself.
You are not perfect. You are never going to achieve perfection. So there is no point in beating yourself up psychologically when you occasionally demonstrate your own humanity.
2. Keep it in perspective.
Consider your slip-up. How does it compare to your old habits? Did you fall right back into your old destructive habits or was this different?
These days, when I “fall off the wagon,” the scenery around me as I’m picking myself up and dusting myself off looks quite different that it used to.
So when it happens, I stop and compare my lifestyle before I developed this program for myself and what the program looks like when I am conscientiously following it. Inevitably, I find that my deviation is minor when compared with how I used to live and what my eating habits used to be.
The spotlight is on blogging tips from thirteen fabulous bloggers!
Thirteen Definitions of Words You Thought You Understood
1. Cannibal: Someone who is fed up with people.
2. Chickens: The only animals you most often eat before they are born and after they are dead. ((Folks also eat ostrich eggs and meat.))
3. Committee: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.
School will be starting again soon, so here are some facts about the life experiences of young people entering college this fall, most…
crunk DVR flex-cuff ginormous gray literature hardscape IED microgreen perfect storm RPG smackdown speed dating sudoku [tags]Thursday Thirteen[/tags]
Dogs are easier to raise than children because they:
1. Eat less than teen-agers;
2. Don’t ask for money all the time;
3. Don’t ask for the car keys all the time;
4. Are easier to potty train;
5. Normally come when called;
Looking to beat the heat by relaxing with a DVD for a couple of hours this weekend? You might want to consider some of the following films that I have enjoyed and would watch again or, in some cases, again and again and again . . .
1. Romantic comedy: “Must Love Dogs” or “Shall We Dance”
2. Historical Drama: “Sophie’s Choice,” “Anne of the Thousand Days,” “The Man in the Iron Mask” (Richard Chamberlain t.v. from the 1970’s or Jeremy Irons film version — both are very good) or “The Count of Monte Cristo” (again, the Richard Chamberlain t.v. version from the early 1970’s is a classic, but the Jim Caveziel film is also excellent)
“The Sopranos” is simply the best show ever in the history of television. There is no series that compares or, for that matter,…
“Let’s think outside the box, people!” Synergy Best practice
A friend e-mailed me a list of random thoughts today. I don’t know where it originated, but some of them were so witty…
Thirteen Thoughts About the Past Week1. Water aerobics classes finally moved outside. Hallelujah! The sun felt great.2. BigBob came home from the hospital…
1. “Which side is the appendix on?” That’s what BigBob asked me this morning about 10:45 a.m. At the time, I was unsure…
Thirteen Random Thoughts for This Thursday1. SpringSpring is here! Hurray! As I write this, it is 70 degrees here in beautiful, sunny Northern…
1. The Empire State Building seen from the Top of the Rock (70th Floor Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center) 2. The skyline looking…
Thirteen Things I Absolutely, Positively Cannot Go to New York City Without I’m leaving for New York City this Sunday morning to perform…
Thirteen of My All-Time Favorite Books Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Sparks I Know This Much…