This week’s meme comes from Please don’t stop the music . . .
The 35 Questions x2 Meme (Part One)
1. How far away is the last person you kissed?
Right now, Sophie is at my other house which is 1.9 miles from my new house. She kissed me good-bye when we dropped her off there last night.
2. Has someone ever told you they would be with you forever?
3. Last person you were in a car with?
My boys and Sophie.
4. Any plans for tomorrow?
A business trip to a spot right on the Bay, so I will get to see the blue water, breathe the sea air, and, if it’s a clear day, the Oakland and San Francisco skylines connected by the Bay Bridge via Treasure Island. Those business trips are one of the reasons I love my job.
5. How long does it take for you to take a shower?
About 15 minutes.
6. Best friend or close friends?
I am blessed to have a number of close, long-time friends. I couldn’t label just one of them as the “best.”
7. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
If I wake up tomorrow morning and can see, it will be a fabulous day.
8. Did you kiss anyone Friday?
What is the deal with this kissing obsession? Yes, I kissed both Buddy and Sophie! (Or they kissed me . . . however you want to look at it . . . )
9. Ever thrown up in public?
10. What’s on your mind RIGHT NOW?
How much work I plan to get done right after I publish this post, take a shower, and put on a pot of coffee.
11. Who was the last person you talked to?
12. What is the WORST subject they teach at school?
Economics. I didn’t understand it and I had the worst professor on the planet. He wore the same outfit every single day of the Fall 1977 semester: A Morris the cat t-shirt, with faded salmon color bell bottom, hip-hugger jeans, and Beatle boots. He constantly ran his fingers through his longish, greasy hair that I don’t think he washed all semester. It was easily the most horrid experience of my academic career.
13. Have you seen anyone lately that you don’t get along with?
I get along with everyone because over the years, I have learned how to do so. That does not mean that I like or enjoy the company of every individual I encounter.
14. What is your favourite color top to wear?
15. Have you ever been in a car accident?
I have been rear-ended twice. Both times, I suffered only minor injuries.
16. What’s the closest thing to you that’s green?
My front yard.
17. Where would you like to be right now?
In Hawaii, sitting on the lanai of my hotel room, wearing one of those big, comfy robes and drinking a hot cup of coffee while reading a good book and occasionally pausing to enjoy the ocean view.
18. Write down some lyrics to the song you’re listening to?
Today is Palm Sunday, so I am watching one of my all-time favorite movies, Jesus Christ Superstar:
Hosanna, heysanna sanna sanna ho
Sanna heysanna hosanna
Hey J C, J C, won’t you smile at me?
Sanna hosanna, hey, Superstar
19. How many dogs do you have?
Two: Buddy and Sophie.
20. Is anything bugging you right now?
Lots of things are bugging me, but the main topic is how much work I need to get done in the next couple of weeks.
21. Is life going right for you now?
My life is splendid. I have many blessings and every morning that I wake up, open my eyes, and realize that I can see is a wonderful morning. When you live with the ongoing threat of losing one of your senses, particularly your eyesight, you quickly learn the true meaning of gratitude and how to live with a grateful heart. I have no tolerance for griping about inconsequential matters and when I hear people do that, I have to excuse myself and disappear.
One of the many reasons I bought another house and moved into it without BigBob was his perpetual complaining about, primarily, his job. I just couldn’t listen to his litany of complaints for one more moment. He made choices many years before we met and he alone is responsible for those choices. I have no tolerance for people who cannot or will not take ownership of and be accountable for their own decisions. I have a house rule: While you are in my home, no complaining, griping or whining is allowed. If you start, I will show you to the front door and bid you adieu as you walk back through it.
22. Is there someone you care about more than yourself?
Certainly! I have children and would readily lay down my own life for #1Son and/or MattieBoo.
23. What made you laugh today?
No matter how many times I watch Jesus Christ Superstar, I always laugh at the actors’ portrayal of the Pharisees.
24. What was the last movie you watched?
Prior to the one I am watching right now, the last movie I watched was Amerlia.
25. What was the last conversation you had about?
I believe it was about what I am going to cook my boys for brunch today.
26. What were you doing at 7:00 this morning?
27. Do you like your hair long or short?
28. Do you want to see somebody right now?
Nope. I am enjoying my quiet morning of solitude.
29. Do you like the rain?
Love it if I am at home and able to build a fire, get cozy, and enjoy listening to and watching the rain fall.
30. Did you have a Valentine this year?
Yes, I had the same four Valentines I have every year: #1Son, MattieBoo, Buddy and Sophie.
31. The last person you kissed needs you at 3:00 a.m. Would you go?
32. Would you honestly say you’d risk your life for someone else?
Of course. See question #22.
33. Honestly, if you could go back one month and change something, would you?
I would un-send a text message I sent to a long-time friend. I should have waited and asked her in person about a particular situation.
34. How do you feel about boys smoking?
The same way I feel about girls smoking. Smoking is ridiculous and I can’t believe that anyone actually picks up a cigarette and starts smoking for the first time, given all that is known about the tobacco companies’ practices, addiction, and the adverse effects of smoking.
35. Could you see yourself with someone forever?
Absolutely. Myself. I like me. I like my own company. Anyone who doesn’t like me is welcome to stay far away. I won’t harbor any grudge or hard feelings. I won’t even miss them. I’m very content being on my own and can amuse myself endlessly.
Click here to see the list of other par tic i pants, visit their sites, and read their responses.