1. Good times: It’s “Furlough Friday” so #1Son and I picked Mattie-Boo up from school at noon and the three of us had lunch at our friend’s cafe. This afternoon we are going to build a fire, put the ornaments on the Christmas tree, and bake chocolate chip cookies. This evening, Mattie-Boo will be the narrator for his school’s Christmas program, so I will attend to support him.
2. I absolutely love my home. As time passes, I grow to love it more and realize how lucky I was to purchase it. This is a great time to purchase a home because prices remain low (it is a terrible time to sell, though, for the same reason). This house was only on the market about three days. I was monitoring the daily additions to the multiple listing website and when I saw the photos, I immediately called my agent to arrange a viewing. There were a couple of other offers presented at the same time as mine, so I am lucky that the sellers accepted mine. Although I have no plans to sell my other house, I do not envision myself moving back there. I am far too content here. The house is just the right size for me and has many windows, so it is light, bright, and airy, which is essential because of my visual challenges. We really enjoy the landscaped yard which features four white birch and three oak trees, as well as a beautiful crepe myrtle and a couple of Japanese maple trees. And, of course, there is nothing like a nice, relaxing soak in the hot tub after a long day.
3. Sleigh bells ring somewhere other than Lodi, apparently.
4. We are blessed and lucky because we want for very little.
5. Once more, we are planning to attend the Christmas Eve candlelight service. It is my all-time favorite church service and the only time of the year when I miss attending church.
6. Why must all good things come to an end? Who decided that, anyway?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Mattie=Boo’s school Christmas program because it will be his last — he is graduating from high school in June 2010, tomorrow my plans include laundry and relaxation and Sunday, I want to sleep late and make a nice brunch for the boys before again heading out of town on my final business trip of 2009!
To read the responses of other participants, visit Friday Fill-Ins.