Lynette Kraft at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground is hosting a Harvest of Friends Blog Party, an opportunity to get acquainted with bloggers whose sites you may never have visited before or get to know familiar bloggers better.
If you have not visited Colloquium before, you can read a bit about me here. Additionally, Lynette has asked that participants answer a few questions about themselves, so here are my responses.
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you’re blogging?
Nothing. If I am working at my desktop computer, I am not eating because the only thing I allow out of the kitchen/dining area of the new house is water. If I’m working on my laptop on the table in the family room, I might be drinking a white mocha or cup of coffee with a bagel or waffle.
2. What is one thing you wouldn’t want to live without?
Other than my children? Music.
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
4. What’s your least favorite chore/household duty?
The one I accomplished this afternoon and don’t have to do for another week: Grocery shopping. I hate shopping..
5. Who do people say you remind them of?
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
I need a healthy blend of each. I love to be with people and have a good time, but it is very apparent when I’m through. I need to get back home and become re-energized.
7. What’s your all time favorite movie?
That’s impossible to answer. There are simply too many that I love and can watch repeatedly, depending on my mood.
8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
What make up?
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you’ve never had a chance to learn? What is it?
There are several more musical instruments that I plan to learn to play. After I return from New York City in late April, I plan to buy a new clarinet and resume playing. But right now I’m focused on my flute and piccolo, as well as the piano piece I will be playing at Carnegie Hall on April 20, 2010.
10. What’s one strange thing you’re really good at?
I can do some imitations, including the Wicked Witch of the West and a couple of the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz.
11. What is something you love to smell?
12. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
My sense of direction irritates my oldest child because he has none.
13. When you have extra money (HA!) what’s the first thing you think to do with it?
Consult with my financial planner to determine if I have money to retire.
14. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
Depends. I tend to laugh out loud, unless i’m in a place where I can’t. My boys cracks me up most often, especially MattieBoo.
15. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Online. I hate to shop.
16. What’s one thing you’d do more often if you had more time?
Hang out at the beach, preferably Pismo Beach.
17. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I’m definitely frugal, but not cheap. I like to buy quality items and then take good care of them so that they last.
18. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can’t be real)
Regular readers already know the answer to that question: Tony Soprano!
19. Would you want to be famous?
I have had extensive experience with the media and can say unequivocally and confidently that nothing good comes of dealing with those folks. We live in a soundbyte society where people clamor for their 15 minutes of fame. I’ve had more than 15 minutes’ worth and am happy to let someone else be in the spotlight while I remain peacefully anonymous.