I was tagged by a couple of friends on Facebook. They bestowed upon me the “honor of copying all these goofy questions” and providing my own responses. After answering all the questions, participants are supposed to tag 25 other folks. I’m not going to officially tag anyone. If you want to play along, leave a link to your responses in a comment below and I will read your responses.
The “Getting to Know You” Meme
1. What time did you get up this morning?
Unfortunately, although it is Furlough Friday and I could have slept late, I woke up at 5:45 a.m. because I am accustomed to getting up about that time. I was not pleased. I tried to go back to sleep, but had no luck with that.
2. How do you like your steak?
Cooked medium well, smothered with mushrooms and grilled onions, and accompanied by a baked potato and glass of white zinfandel.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I believe it was “Sex and the City” with my good friend Chingle. She began crying at the first glimpse of the opening credits and didn’t stop until the closing credits finished rolling. When Mr. Big did not get out of the limousine and Carrie bashed him with her bouquet, Chingle sobbed, nearly uncontrollably. A few months later, we had girls’ night at her house and watched the film again with some other friends who had not seen it. She cried just as hard even though, by then, she was watching it for about the hundredth time. I love her to pieces, emotions and all. But she will never live it down!
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
On Pismo Beach.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
A nonfat iced white mocha (blended) and muffin.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
There are many, including but not limited to asparagus, anchovies, sprouts (what is the point, anyway?), olives, hot pork and beans or cold baked beans (after 24 years, BigBob still cannot keep that straight), sausage, spaghetti sauce without meat.
9. Favorite place to eat?
I don’t have one particular favorite. I like many different restaurants, as well as staying in, having friends over, and enjoying a meal with them.
10. Favorite dressing?
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Toyota Camry XLE.
12. What are your favorite clothes?
What is comfortable, makes me look thinner, and does not have to be dry cleaned.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Half full, hoping it will become full. Life without hope is no life at all.
15. Where would you want to retire?
On Pismo Beach.
6. Favorite time of day?
When I pull that Camry into the garage after a long day of work.
17. Where were you born?
Britton, South Dakota.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
No clue since I’m not officially tagging anyone.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
I love reading other folks’ responses.
22. Bird watcher?
Only if the bird is a seagull and I’m lounging on the beach, daydreaming and soaking up some rays.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
“Hey, boys, would you describe me as a ‘morning person’?” You should hear the fits of laughter . . .
24. Do you have any pets?
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Yes. Lots new and very exciting, but I am not ready to make any announcements yet. Soon, I hope. But not quite yet. Plans are implemented, but my goals have to be met before I say anything.
It’s all about doing what’s best for this guy and his older brother. Can you believe how grown-up he looks? I snapped this photograph just this afternoon in a place he had never been before.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Rich and famous. I used to tell my mother that when I grew up I would be rich and famous, and buy her a fur coat. I failed on all three counts. Fur ceased to be cool, anyway. So I guess that means that I really only failed on two counts.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Wow, that’s a tough question. I can’t pinpoint one particular moment or event.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
31. Been in a car accident?
I’ve been rear-ended a couple of times, but never seriously injured, thankfully.
32. Any pet peeves?
Stupidity. And, sadly, “you can’t fix stupid.”
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Canadian bacon, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.
34. Favorite flower?
Red roses and . . .
35. Favorite ice cream?
Chocolate chip cookie dough or anything with white chocolate chunks.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
My lifelong friend Tobie who lives in Arizona.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I don’t use credit cards. I live strictly on a cash basis. If I can’t afford it without charging it, I will live without it.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Not recently. Everything I’ve done recently has been carefully weighed, considered, evaluated . . . my head hurts from all of it, frankly. I’m due for some spontaneous fun.
41. Like your job?
Love it. I was born for it.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
46. What is your favorite color?
47. How many tattoos do you have?