1. Does the holiday season stress you out? If yes, how do you cope?
No, because we keep it very low-key with no demands on our time or attention.
2. Are you ever so busy in December that you have to force yourself to chill?
Being busy is a way of life for me and I don’t know any other way to function, except when, as now, I’m on vacation and totally relaxed. I learned early in my professional life to disconnect fully when away from the office. I am focused and engaged when working and completely disengaged when on vacation. So no, I don’t ever have to “force” myself to chill.
3. Do you sleep well at this time of year?
Yes, because we are always on vacation over the holidays!
4. Have you ever taken a sleigh ride? If yes, tell us about it.
Sadly, no. The closest I have ever come is a ride on a platform truck with a bunch of other kids singing Christmas carols around town. But there was no snow.
5. Do you live close to the parts of your family you spend the holidays with?
Yes! They live right here in my house with me!
6. What will you have for Christmas dinner?
For us, “Christmas dinner” takes place on Christmas Eve. We are planning on having Mexican food — tamales, to be exact.
7. Do you diet after the holidays?
I don’t diet. I strive to eat nutritious food in appropriate amounts. I don’t always succeed at this time of year.
8. What’s the best part of the season for you?
The best part of the season arrived at approximately 5:00 p.m. yesterday when I walked out of my office to begin my vacation which runs until Monday, January 5, 2008. I plan to relax, rest, see a few movies, practice my flute, visit with good friends, and enjoy hanging out with my family.
9. How many generations of your family get together during the holidays?
Two. A few years ago when the last of our elders died, we had to accept the fact that we are now the “old folks” in the family. It was a strange realization and acknowledgment of the natural order of the life cycle. We have no grandchildren yet, nor are we in a hurry to have any.
Click here to see the list of other participants and links to their sites where you can read their responses.