The folks at Sunday Stealing rip off a meme from another blogger each Sunday. They give full credit and a link back to that author’s site, of course — and invite everyone to play along.
The Seven Layer Meme
Layer 1: Tell us your . . .
- Name: JHS
- Birthday (month, day): December 21
- Birthplace: South Dakota
- Current location: California
- Eye color: Very dark brown
- Hair color: Brown with blond highlights
- Height: 5’7″
- Righty or lefty: Righty
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Layer 2: What’s . . .
- Your heritage: Norwegian
- The shoes you wore today: None yet.
- Your weakness: White mochas
- Your fears: I have only one fear — blindness.
- Your perfect pizza: Canadian bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Goals you’d like to achieve: Studying flute for a week in Switzerland with Sir James Galway.
- Your first waking thoughts: Thankfulness that I can see.
- Your best physical feature: My smile
- Your most missed memory: Watching my parents’ interactions with my children — those were the moments when my parents were truly happy and content.
Layer 3: Do you . . .
- Smoke: Nope
- Cuss: Routinely
- Sing: Regularly
- Do you think you’ve been in love: Definitely
- Did you go to college: All the way
- Liked high school: Yes
- Want to get/ stay married: I would never marry again.
- Believe in yourself: If I don’t, nobody else will.
- Think you’re attractive: If I don’t, nobody else will.
- Think you’re a health freak: Conscious, yes; “freak,” no.
- Get along with your parent(s): They’re both dead.
- Like thunderstorms: If I am at home.
- Play an instrument: Keyboards, flute, piccolo, acoustic guitar. I used to play clarinet and have been thinking about taking it up again.
Layer 4: In the past month have you . . .
- Drank alcohol: Yes
- Smoked: No
- Done a drug: Legal only
- Made out: That would be T.M.I. (too much information).
- Gone on a date: Yes, with the hubby.
- Gone to the mall: Only for the purpose of accessing the movie theater in San Diego where I saw “W.” I haven’t shopped in a mall for well over a decade. In fact, it’s probably been closer to two decades.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No — I never eat Oreos.
- Eaten sushi: No — I never eat sushi.
- Been on stage: Yes
- Been dumped: Not that I’m aware of, but I haven’t seen BigBob yet today — he was already gone when I woke up — so I guess it’s a possibility! 🙂
- Gone skating: No
- Gone skinny dipping: None of your business.
- Stolen Anything: Of course not.
Layer 5: Have you ever . . .
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: T.M.I.
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: T.M.I.
- Been caught “doing something:” T.M.I.
- Been called a tease: Not that I’m aware of.
- Gotten beaten up: No
- Shoplifted: Like every little kid, I tried it when I was in about the second grade. I distinctly remember sneaking a pink plastic purse for my Barbie doll into my pocket. I still have the doll, as well as all of her clothing and accessories. I felt so horrible afterward that I never even put it into Barbie’s hand. To this day, when I look at that little purse, I remember the day I took it and still feel bad about it.
- Age you did get / hope to be married: 24 and 28
- Numbers and names of children (either you have or want): #1Son is 21 years old and Mattie-Boo is 17.
- Describe your dream mate: Tall, dark, handsome, always on “date behavior” because he lives in his own home and only visits mine on the weekends. Thus, my house is always neat, clean, and tidy.
- How do you want to die: In my bed in this house.
- What did you want to be when you grow up: Rich and famous.
- What country would you most like to visit: Norway
Layer 7: Now tell . . .
- Name a drug you’ve taken illegally: Has the author of this meme never heard of the Fifth Amendment? Fortunately, I have.
- Name a person you could trust with my life: Clint Ritchie
- Name a favorite CD that you own: There are so many, but two of my all-time favorites are Netherlands by the late, great Dan Fogelberg and Late for the Sky by Jackson Browne. If there is such a thing as a “soundtrack” to one’s life, those two albums would be the closest, with cuts from Running on Empty and a lot of flute classics thrown in.
- Number of piercings: 8
- Number of tattoos: None yet. I keep threatening, but always chicken out.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Countless because articles get syndicated and end up in all sorts of publications.
- Name a past experience that you regret: I don’t believe in regret which is not to say that I wouldn’t have made numerous different choices if I had known then what I know now. But regret is a completely useless and pointless emotion because you can’t change the past. My days are already short on hours . . . I don’t have any time to waste sitting around regretting what is finished.