The folks at Sunday Stealing rip off a meme from another blogger each Sunday. They give full credit and a link back to that author’s site, of course — and invite everyone to play along.
The Anyhow Meme
1. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain?
I snapped this photo with my iPhone a couple of weeks ago after the first rain of the season. I was driving home from the office and was so mesmerized that I had to pull over and get a picture.
2. If you have a dream come true, what would it be?
I’m a very lucky person. I’ve already had a lot of dreams come true in my lifetime. I’ve successfully argued a case all the way to the California Supreme Court, realized my childhood dream of becoming a flutist, and even played my flute at Carnegie Hall.
I am thrilled to announce that the Stockton Concert Band will be returning to New York City and again performing at Carnegie Hall on March 23, 2010. This time, I will not only be playing my flute, but also the piano.
3. Do you believe in eternity love?
4. What feeling do you love most?
The feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment after achieving a goal.
5. What feeling do you hate the most?
The feeling of sleep deprivation when I am so tired that, as my mother used to say, I don’t know “whether I am coming or going.”
6. Do you cherish every single friendship of yours?
Absolutely. I have the best friends in the world. I have known most of my friends for 30 years . . . or more! I value those friendships because I do not have to explain who I am or where I’ve been to those folks, and they still hang with me. That’s a remarkable gift.
7. Do you believe in God?
Yes, but I don’t believe that the infinitely powerful spirit we call “God” has a gender.
8. Who cares for you most?
Probably Buddy and Sophie because they are always happy to see me, never withhold affection, and love me unconditionally, especially if I share my food.
9. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
These three characters, plus the two pictured above.
10. What emotion do you like to show?
11. If you have something troubling you, what do you do?
I like to be left alone, but sometimes the five folks depicted above won’t allow that.
12. Who do you admire most?
I couldn’t pick just one person. I admire a lot of people for many different reasons. Generally, a person earns my admiration by living with integrity, honesty, and a sense of fair play, exuding leadership, attaining his/her goals, and remaining humble.
13. Who did you last chat with in a chat room?
I exchanged instant messages last night with my dear friend Joyce who resides in Washington.
14. What kind of person do you think the one we stole this meme from is?
15. What color did you use to dye your hair?
The same color as I dye it now: Back to my natural brown with blonde highlights.
16. Why are you doing this meme?
Because it’s Sunday morning and I couldn’t sleep any longer, so I thought it would be fun to participate while watching some mindless Sunday morning television, and then visiting a few other sites to see how my responses compare to those of other bloggers.
I had to change the channel to something silly and humorous because when I woke up, I watched John “McRage” McCain on Meet the Press. I became really angry, but my anger soon turned to jealously . . . I really want some of whatever it is that he is smokin’ these days, especially since it obviously empowers him to continue defending his selection of Sarah Palin as a running mate. I predict that the day he announced her candidacy will go down in history as the most colossal political blunder of all time. He is going to look back on the moment he made that announcement as the precise moment when the Presidency slipped out of his grasp forever. He is so delusional, at least publicly, that I am actually starting to feel sorry for him.
17. What do you do when you’re moody?
I try to withdraw and be by myself, but sometimes nobody will let me do that.
18. At which age do you wish to or did you get married?
The last time I got married, I was 28 years old. And that will be the last time. I would never get married again.
19. If today is the last day of your life, what will you do?
Hang out, do the laundry, play the flute . . . nothing unusual. I wouldn’t believe it was really the last day . . . until it was.
20. Who is the person you trust the most?
She’s really good at keeping secrets, unlike her brother, Buddy, who sometimes blabs.
21. Last time you smiled?
About five minutes ago when I caught a Saturday Night Live clip.
23. Who was the last person you saw in your dream?
A teenage boy who stole a package delivered by UPS off the front step. I dreamed that I caught him running away with the box and threatened to call the police if he didn’t bring it back. He didn’t, but I woke up before making the call. What was in the box? Did I recover the contents? We’ll never know.
24. Are you talking to someone while doing this?
No. Three of the kids (human and canine) are asleep, one is in his room doing his homework, and BigBob is at work.
25. Do you walk with your eyes open or closed?
If I walked with them closed, I would run into things.
26. Is there a quote you live by?
27. Do you want someone you cannot have?
What a question! Are people really going to respond to that one? It will be interesting to see if they do.
28. Who always makes you laugh?
29. What was the worst idea you’ve had this week?
Trying to install Windows XP on my new dell Mini 9 laptop computer. I am sending it back to Dell. I ordered a white one (so that it would match my iPhone). They sent me a black one. That wouldn’t be so bad, but I am otherwise dissatisfied with it, so I am returning it.
30. Do you speak another language other than English?