Judd Corizan, from whom I acquired The Rising Blogger, recently launched a new site, Sunday Stealing. Each Sunday, they rip off a meme from another blogger — giving full credit and a link back to that author’s site, of course — and invite everyone to play along.
Have you ever . . .
1. gone on a blind date? Yes! My first date with BigBob was at Chuck E. Cheese’s.
2. skipped school? Sure. Who hasn’t?
3. watched someone die? Yes. I was at my father’s bedside when he died.
4. been on a plane? Countless times.
5. been on the opposite side of your country? Yes. I’ve been to New York five times, New Jersey the same number, and a few other states, as well.
6. swam in the ocean? Countless times. More splashing and playing than actual swimming, though.
7. had your booze taken away by the cops? Thankfully, no.
8. lettered in high school sport? Nope.
9. cried yourself to sleep? Not that I can recall.
10. played cops and robbers? Not that I can recall, although it could be argued that I play a variation of that game for a living.
11. sung karaoke? Only a couple of times.
12. paid for a meal with coins only? Not recently. But I remember when McDonald’s ad campaign focused on getting change back from your dollar. (Yeah, ok . . . I know I’m old.)
13. done something you told yourself you wouldn’t? Countless times (sigh).
14. cheated on an exam? NO.
15. made prank phone calls? Not recently!
16. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Yes.
17. caught a snowflake on your tongue? Many years ago. I avoid snow.
18. written a letter to Santa Claus? Many years ago.
19. watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Sure.
20. been kissed under the mistletoe? Every year!
21. ever been arrested? NO!
22. gone ice skating? I actually took a whole semester of ice skating to complete the physical education requirement in college.
23. been skinny dipping outdoors? Yup!
24. had a nickname? My nickname is “Moi.” It is nonsensical, but that’s what BigBob started calling me when we were dating. One night we were joking around about something and I did the Miss Piggy “Moi?” voice. I didn’t think it was that funny . . . but he started calling me “Moi.” I tried to talk him out of it, but the more I tried to convince him that it made no sense, the more he did it. So it stuck. The inscription in my wedding ring is actually addressed to “Moi.” The jeweler just shook his head. I got the feeling he had engraved a lot worse things in wedding rings, though.
25. been on TV? Many times, mostly in conjunction with a particular case I was litigating. But I was also a guest on Sally Jessy Raphael once.