What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was in private practice in Stockton, California, living in Lodi.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- White Cheddar Rice Cakes
- Strawberry Special K Bars
- South Beach Diet Peanut Butter Snack Bars
- Nonfat yogurt, especially Dannon French Vanilla
- Fresh fruit, especially bananas, strawberries, peaches or oranges.
Name five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
Only five? You have to be kidding . . . I probably know at least 5,000 (no exaggeration).
Off the top of my head and in no particular order:
- Heard It Through the Grapevine
- You’ve Got a Friend
- Woke Up This Morning (Theme from “The Sopranos”)
- The Star Spangled Banner
Name five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
- Buy a vacation home in Pismo Beach and spend significant amounts of time there.
- Buy a bigger house here in Livable, Lovable Lodi with a soundproof music studio and backyard the size of a small city park featuring a pool, waterfall, lots of grass.
- Buy a professional model alto flute and practice it, my flute and my new piccolo about eight hours per day every day.
- Litigate a case now and then on a pro bono basis.
Name five of your bad habits.
- I stay up too late, but I can’t help it if my brain cells fire best after 10:00 p.m. Letterman comes on at 11:00, Leno at 11:35 and my absolute favorite, Craig Ferguson, at midnight. I watch them while I’m practicing my flute or blogging.
- I never manage to find the bottom of the laundry pile. I’ve given up looking for it.
- I spend too much time on the ‘Net.
- Most days I’m too lazy to wear any makeup except light foundation, a little blush and some lip gloss.
- I glance at the mail, toss it on the table, and don’t open most of it for weeks. Eventually, I have an “open and purge” session. Had one of those this afternoon and now I have two large baskets of trash sitting here by my desk. Am I on every junk mailer’s address list?
Name five things you like doing.
- Writing / blogging
- Making music
- Going to concerts and plays
- Litigating — I always tell colleagues: “I love the smell of an objection in the morning”
- Sleeping late and then going out for breakfast or brunch
Name five things you would never wear again.
- Bell bottoms
- Slinky disco dresses
- Platform shoes
- Large purple glasses
- Big 80’s-style shoulder pads. We all looked like linebackers!
Name your five favorite toys.
- My computer
- My flute
- My new piccolo, but BigBob is not a fan. Every time I start playing it, he cusses and heads out to the garage or backyard. It is shrill.
- My digital camera.
- My video camera and accompanying software.
Tag! You’re it:
- Stephanie at Green SAHM
- Kelly at Pass the Torch
- Julie at More4Kids
- Leisa at Down With the Kids
- Csara at Baby Talkers
Leave a comment or drop me an e-mail after you have posted your responses and I’ll link to your article!
Of course, you don’t have to be tagged in order to play! EVERYONE is welcome to join in — and I hope you do so that we can all enjoy reading each others’ responses!