“Where were you when the world stopped turning?”
That’s what Alan Jackson asked us in song shortly after September 11, 2001.
Each year, the anniversary brings back the memories, images, and sense of being unable to awaken from a horrifying nightmare.
For us Baby Boomers, there have been a lot of moments during our lives which cause us to periodically query each other about our memories and perceptions of world-altering events. Where were you when . . .
- John F. Kennedy was assassinated?
- Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated?
- Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated?
- Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?
- Nixon resigned?
- John Lennon was murdered?
- Ronald Reagan was shot?
- the space shuttle exploded?
- the 1989 quake hit?