Social Media Mega Project: Bloggers Unite
Have you generated traffic to your site and/or gained new readers/subscribers by participating at a particular social media networking or bookmarking site? Or have you wondered what all the discussion about social media sites is all above, finding yourself completely confused by all the various sites and the many blogs where articles are generated about social marketing each and every day?
Announcing a group writing project that will be of interest to and benefit all bloggers!
InspirationBit is sponsoring / coordinating the Social Media Mega Project. Participating bloggers will share their experiences with and tips/tricks/suggestions for successfully using some of the biggest social media sites.
Individual sites will focus their attention upon specific social media sites. The discussion on each site can take the form of a published article by the site owner or Guest Author, comments or e-mails to the host.
- Start Date: Monday, January 21, 2008
- End Date: Friday, February 22, 2008
- Result Publication Date: Monday, February 25, 2008
- Final Collaborative Results Publication Date: Friday, February 29, 2008 at Inspiration Bit
1. Write an article on your blog and share with your readers how you integrate Sk*rt or Blogging Zoom into your online experiences. Have your experiences with those sites been negative or positive? With regard to driving traffic to your site, how does their effectiveness compare with other social networking sites? What benefits, if any, have you derived from using those services? Share with readers any tips, tricks or warnings that you have discovered.
3. After I receive links or articles from all participants and publish them here, you may write another article and link to some or all of the other articles contributed to this project.
4. You may contribute only one article per project per participating site, but you are invited and encouraged to visit all of the participating host sites, each of which is focusing on different social media sites, and take part by submitting articles to those sites about the social networking sites featured there.
Participating Sites / Focus:
- Aaron Stroud from On Financial Success: del.icio.us.
- Ina from Inspiring Wear: Facebook
- Brian Auer from Epic Edits: Flickr & Zooomr
- Isabella Mori from Change Therapy: Twitter
- Isabella Mori from Alphablogs: LinkedIn
- Karen Zara from a1-fan-fun: StumbleUpon, YouTube, MySpace
- Simonne from All Tips And Tricks: Sphinn
- Dandellion from Living in the Metaverse: Second Life
- Pearl from Fresh Perspectives: Mixx, Propeller, Squidoo
- Vivien from InspirationBit:digg, reddit
- Monica from Me Like the Interweb: Technorati
- JHS here at Colloquium: Sk*rt and Blogging Zoom
The project organizers are eligible to win a prize. Vivien of InspirationBit is donating the $100 prize she won from Daily Blog Tips, along with the $25 she won from All Tips And Tricks, and awarding five $25 prizes to the top five bloggers whose projects are the most successful as judged by the number and quality of entries.
I would really like Colloquium to be named one of the top five participating blog and, toward that end, invite you to actively participate and help make this project a success!
If Colloquium is named one of the top five participating blogs, I will ask readers to vote for their favorite article submitted about Sk*rt and/or Blogging Zoom. The winning author will receive the $25 award provided by Vivien — and I will match that prize twice over by making a donation in the same amount to the charity of the winner’s choice, along with a $25 donation to the American Cancer Society in honor of my sister, a colon cancer survivor. That’s a total prize package of $75.
So what are you waiting for? Start writing about Sk*rt and Blogging Zoom! I look forward to reading and learning from your articles!